Meal planning has been a little complicated lately because we have been out of town a lot, our routine has been all messed up, and life has been a little crazier than normal.
I decided to write a two week meal plan this time because Robert will be gone most of that two weeks. If I have a plan, I am more likely to follow through and eat at home.
I bought a BUNCH of produce at the store and at the farmer’s market, and I want to make sure it is used! I also bought some chicken and pork (plus we have LOTS of beef). I am going to try to cook most meals homemade, but I will have to do some food prep tomorrow to make sure that happens.
Here’s a pic of my farmer’s market haul!
The books that I’m pulling meals from are these:
These are my favorite cookbooks, and I have a LOT! They are simple, nutritious, whole food meals and I tend to have a lot of foods on hand that are used in the recipes.
Wellness Mama = WM
Cooking from the Farmer’s Market = FM
The Paleo Cookbook = PC
Magnolia Table = MT
- Sausage sweet potato hash with brussels sprouts (WM pg 73)
- Homemade granola and homemade Greek yogurt
- Oatmeal cups + green protein smoothie
- Sausage biscuits (frozen)
- Breakfast cookies + eggs
- Eggs + Dave’s Killer toast with peanut butter and honey
- Make-ahead kitchen sink breakfast bowls (WM 74)
- Sandwich, veggies & hummus, and pork rinds
- Salad with grilled chicken, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, and a touch of ranch; multi-seeded tortilla chips
- Salmon or tuna packet, olives, homemade pickles, and sauerkraut; cassava chips
- Finger foods
- Monday the 22nd- Frozen pizza (first day back after spring break…)
- Tuesday the 23rd- Beef and broccoli (FM 42)
- Wednesday the 24th- Eating out
- Thursday the 25th- Beef and sweet potato stir fry (FM 86)
- Friday the 26th- Rustic tomato & mozzarella tart (FM 148)
- Saturday the 27th- Whole roasted chicken and baked zucchini and tomato (FM 110)
- Sunday the 28th- Asparagus omelet (FM 130) and whole wheat drop biscuits
- Monday the 29th- Chicken pecan asparagus casserole (MT 203)
- Tuesday the 30th- Steak tacos (MT 248)
- Wednesday the 31st- Eating out
- Thursday the 1st- Leftovers
- Friday the 2nd- Basil pesto chicken pizza (WT 221)
- Saturday the 3rd- Braised short ribs with homemade gnocchi (WT 239)
- Sunday the 4th- Roast beef with thyme and garlic (PC 108), roasted asparagus and squash